Get Great Guitar Lessons for Beginners with The Music Teachers Network
While guitar lessons for beginners can be challenging, once you get beyond the initial foundation, you’ll find that it’s incredibly rewarding to learn how to play guitar. Lessons can build confidence and discipline in other areas of life, especially if you find the right guitar teacher on The Music Teachers Network.
Considering Beginner Guitar Lessons? Here’s Our Approach
- Minimum Age: Most beginner guitar lessons for kids start at age 5 and older. Guitar instruction involves not only ear training and reading music notes, but also building hand and finger strength to make a pleasant sound
- Minimum Duration: Guitar lessons for beginners usually start at 45 minutes, however some families split a 60 minute lesson between two siblings under the age of 12
- Acoustic Guitar Lessons or Electric? We recommend all students learn how to play guitar on the acoustic guitar to build hand strength, dexterity and calluses (yes, ouch). A great guitar teacher will start beginner guitar lessons for kids with some technique to make this process less painful
- Group or Private Music Lessons: What’s most important is the hands-on nature of the guitar teacher to carefully move your hands into the correct position and set up the chords for you as you learn how to play. Guitar is a very physical instrument. Private music instruction is optimal for new students
- What to Buy: It’s best to start kids out on a 3/4 sized acoustic guitar. We recommend the Taylor BT1 & BT2 models for kids 12 and under. For teens, we recommend the Fender Starcaster, Yamaha FG730S, or for the discerning guitarist, the affordable Taylor 110 Dreadnought acoustic guitar. You’ll also need guitar strings, picks, a capo and battery operated metronome with a 440 pitch for tuning. To make it easy, we’ve added these items to our online store operated by Amazon.com. While discount stores have cheap guitars, the instruments do not hold their tuning, so even if you play correctly, it will sound wrong. This is incredibly frustrating for all beginners
Not all guitar lessons are created equal. We offer a tremendous selection of music instructors and studios that are actively available to teach you and want your business. With us, you can e-chat with them prior to getting started. Those contacting you have paid to do so, and are serious about teaching. If you seek a rewarding experience with beginner guitar lessons for kids that provides a foundation for success in other activities, you’ve come to the right place for private lessons. Learn more about our guitar teachers by requesting guitar lessons today.